When you visit an Ayurvedic practitioner, be prepared to talk about yourself. Because Ayurveda emphasizes balance in all areas of your life, a trained practitioner will not only examine your body, but will take an extensive personal and medical history, including questions about daily diet, profession and working conditions, exercise routines, relationships, and mental health.
AYURVEDIC CONSULTATION STAGES
- Observation (Darshan): The practitioner first evaluates general physical health by looking at the patient and observing his/her movements, body contour, color of the skin and eyes, facial lines and ridges, shape of the nose, and qualities of the lips, hair, and nails.
- Touch (Sparsha): The practitioner then employs touch, including palpation (pressing down on parts of the body, called sparshanam in Ayurveda), auscultation, which is listening for sounds made by the internal organs (shrvanaa), and percussion or tapping (akotana). There is special focus on the patient\’s pulse, tongue, nails, and speech. Laboratory testing is also included under this category.
- Questions (Prashna): The practitioner asks the patient about complaints and symptoms, as well as the duration of discomfort and disease progression. The practitioner also inquires about mental and psychological conditions.
AYURVEDIC CONSULTATION AT AYURBEAUTY
It is a 3 hour consultation (1.5 hour initial consultation and 1.5 hour follow up consultation about one week apart) that aims to discover the cause of what ails you. Ayurvedic diagnosis is done through a combination of a thorough and detailed history, pulse, tongue and physical examination that will help reveal the underlying factors in the disease process.
Rather than giving a remedy for every symptom, Ayurveda diagnoses and treats the fundamental imbalance that may be responsible for all symptoms. Therapies may include, but are not limited to, the following: herbs, diet, exercise, lifestyle changes and stress prevention.
We will schedule a follow-up appointment where we will share and teach our personalized and recommended nutritional plan (Ahara) and daily routine (Dinacharya) for self-care, optimal health and stress reduction.
The combination of the wisdom of Ayurveda and your self-knowledge is the foundation for creating your best self and your best life.
Consultations are also offered in English and Spanish.
- 1.5 hour initial consultation
- 1.5 hour follow-up consultation
- Nutritional diet plan for your body type
- Recommendation of herbal remedies, lifestyle routine, therapies, yoga and meditation.
- Assistance with questions and concerns for 3 months after the initial visit.
For appointments or more information, please contact us via WhatsApp at 407.617.9016.
We will be happy to assist you