Netra Basti is a restorative and preventative Ayurvedic treatment for the eyes. The dough is made using organic flour and placed around the eye orbit to create a small dam. Netra basti has a slew of health benefits.
The dam is filled with luke-warm ghee (clarified butter), and then the patient opens his eye and performs various eye exercises while submerged under the ghee, for approximately 10 minutes. In Sanskrit, the word basti translates to “bladder” or “container”, for medicated oils or tonics to sit in for a period of time.
Netra Basti is essentially a bathing of the eyes. Netra means “eyes” and basti is the Sanskrit word meaning “to bathe” or “cleanse.” This deceptively simple, yet deep acting treatment is use therapeutically under medical supervision to address many eye complaints, but also has many beneficial side effects from a beauty standpoint.
This treatment relieves tension that is trapped in the eye socket by bathing the eye in medicated ghee. As the eyes are directly linked to the brain, this treatment nourishes the nervous system, improves eyesight and brings rich lustre to the eyes. It also soothes away wrinkles, promotes softness inside and out and promotes a deep feeling of contentment.
WHO NEEDS THIS MASSAGE?
This Massage is for anyone who suffers from:
- Darkness in front of the eyes.
- Stiffness of the eyes.
- Dryness of the eyes.
- Injury to the eyes.
- Diseases of the eye due to vitiation of vata and pitta Squint.
- Falling of the eye lashes.
- Blurring of the vision.
- Difficulty in opening and closing eyes.
- Fifth cranial nerve atrophy.
- Fifth cranial nerve disorder.
- Opacity of the cornea
- Watering of the eyes.
- Painful eyes.
- Swollen eyes.
BENEFITS OF NETRA BASTI
- Refreshes tired, sore, dry, itchy, and teary eyes.
- Eases eye tension and proves to very soothing for dry and tired ‘computer eyes’.
- Relieves eye socket tension, twitches, and squinting.
- Eases wrinkles and dark circles around eyes.
- Improves the vision.
- Nourishes and rejuvenates eyes.
- Enhances the beauty of the eyes.
- Preventive therapy for people suffering from Diabetes and hypertension.
How often should you have a treatment?
The treatment is best done over a series of 5 – 10 sessions.
After Treatment Care
- Follow therapist home recommendations
- Allow some time to rest before you leave the centre
- Wear dark sun glasses after the treatment a recommended time
- Eat a light meal after your treatment
- Drink plenty of warm water or herbal tea
- Try to avoid stimulants that may not support the desired effect of your treatment
For appointments text us through WhatsApp at 407.617.9016