Greeva Vasti is a Sanskrit term where greeva stands for neck and vasti means to hold something. Greeva Vasti is essentially the holding of herbal oils on the spine, starting from the neck.
Greeva Vasti operates through Sweda (sweating) and falls under the Panchakarma strain of treatments. Sweda is performed with the help of warmed medicated oil held in a container and placed at the spot of discomfort on the back of the neck. This helps to relieve affected areas.
The person lies on the massage table, a dough which is prepared by using prescribed gram flour is placed on the affected area of the cervical region, Luke warm medicated oil is poured into it and this is kept warm during the therapy, at the end of the session it is wiped with absorbent cotton and it is recommended to repeat this process for 3 to 5 days to get a good result.
- Pain and stiffness in neck
- Cervical Spondylitis
- Pain in the hands
- Sore muscles of the neck region
- Shoulder Pain
- Upper Backaches
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Lubricates the cervical joints and promotes their flexibility
- Stops the degeneration of the cervical joints
- Provides nourishment and strength to the muscles, bones and nerves of cervical area
- Improves the circulation of the blood
- Removes cervical muscle spasm and rigidity
- Reduces the numbness caused due to the compression of the nerves
For appointments or more information, please contact us via WhatsApp at 407.617.9016.
We will be happy to assist you