Tinnitus is a disorder of the ear in which there is an unwanted sensation of ringing in the ears such aswhistling, roaring, hissing, popping and ringing.
Tinnitus is also a neurological disorder, associated with anxiety and stress. According to Ayurveda, the main reason for tinnitus is an imbalance in the body associated mainly with \”Vata imbalance\”. The accumulation of toxins in the ear hinders the proper functioning of the ear.
Ayurveda has herbal remedies, activities and therapies that can effectively minimize tinnitus.
Wax, build up in the ear canal: Every individual produces a different amount of wax. Sometimes people produce enough and bad quality of wax that damages their hearing power and affects the ears poorly.
Noise, induced hearing loss: The power of tolerance of noise varies in individuals and sometimes exposure to loud noise can damage and even destroy the hair cells placed in the inner ear called cilia. Once these cells got damaged, they cannot be replaced and renewed.
Medications: Medication, although, are very helpful for the health but some medications are toxic to the ears. Not all medications are harmful as few have no side effects, for example, aspirin, aspirin, quinine, etc. Effects can depend on the quantity of medication and it can be temporary or permanent.
Jaw Misalignment: One other major cause of tinnitus is a misalignment of jaw joints and jaw muscles. Many dentists can assist with the treatment of jaw misalignments. Alongside this, it can be started by the removal of wisdom teeth if cranial nerves in the neighborhood get damaged.
Particular tumors: Some of the people have a benign and slow-growing tumor on their vestibular, auditory or facial nerves and consequently, these tumors can cause tinnitus, loss of balance, facial paralysis and deafness.
Head and neck trauma: Physical Trauma to head and neck also leads to tinnitus.
According to Ayurveda, tinnitus is a symptom of imbalance of Vata Dosha. All the reasons for vitiation of Vata dosha; such as excessive talking, excessive fasting, excess exercise, shock, grief, fear, having bitter, pungent food etc. are responsible for tinnitus.
- Feel dizzy
- Hearing loss
- Ringing sound
- Booming sensation in ears
- Sounds like clicking, rushing
Ayurvedic treatment includes the use of herbs and natural medicines that are not dangerous to health.With the help of natural treatment in tinnitus pacifying the VATA mood and back up the damage of the ear. For the reconstruction of the ear, Ayurveda is the effective treatment and it is better to use Ayurvedic therapies along with herbal medicines, likes Vacha, Pitpapda, Yashtimadhu, Sariva. They are effective herbs for the treatment of hearing loss and tinnitus. And have been used for hundreds of years to cure this disease.
Balancing the body through panchakarma
- Nasya, is a sinus therapy with herbal oils such as herbal oil, ghee, or herbal powder. Your nose is the doorway to the brain as well as the doorway to consciousness. Prana, the life force, enters your body through each breath taken in through your nose. The seat of Prana is in the brain and maintains sensory and motor functions. Our therapy involves healing and herbal oil application into the nostrils and stimulation of Marma points around your face.
- Abhyanga, is the anointing of the body with customized medicated and warm oil that is massaged into the entire body using specific strokes, flow depending on the person’s bio-ype (dosha) constitution and imbalance.
- Shirodhara, A gentle stream of oil poured slowly and gently across the forehead to access the hypothalamus, which directs the autonomic responses of the body. This massage for the brain is a profoundly relaxing and balancing treatment for the entire nervous system taking you deep into the meditative state. Shirodhara Ayurveda Therapy helps to overcome stress and its ill effects on nervous system. Shirodhara helps to relieve insomnia, stress, tension, anxiety, anger, chronic headaches, rheumatism, hypertension, asthma, hair problems and gives mental relaxation.
- Agni karna & karna purana: ear candling & ear oil bath, Karna purna is the process in which warm, herbalized oil or medicated liquid is gently, slowly poured into the ears. This lubricates the delicate filaments of the ear canal which sharpens hearing and removes impurities.
The idea behind meditation therapy for tinnitus is a retraining of the brain. The treatment works by training the mind to come to terms with and accept tinnitus. The technique is the opposite of traditional approaches which seek to avoid the problem of tinnitus altogether. Researchers believe that the more the brain attempts to fight the problem, the more it tunes into it. Meditation teaches people with tinnitus to stop and confront their thoughts and concerns about the issue and realize it is harmless to their hearing.
The goal is to break out of the reactivity loop, and retrain your limbic system. Over time, repeating this exercise every time the tinnitus and stress combination occurs, you will eventually uncouple your tinnitus and stress reactions.
People have tried many natural remedies for relief of their tinnitus symptoms over the years, including yoga. While practicing yoga for tinnitus cannot cure the condition, people with tinnitus have reported that they do offer significant benefit. Yoga helped patients reduce stress and improve breathing practices.
Proper vata balancing diet
One of the best things you can do is incorporate vata-pacifying foods into your diet. Vata is balanced by a diet of freshly cooked, whole foods that are soft or mushy in texture, rich in protein and fat, seasoned with a variety of spices, and served either warm or hot. These foods calm vata by lubricating and nourishing the tissues, preserving moisture, and maintaining warmth—all while supporting optimal digestion and elimination.
Daily scalp massage, Avoid travelling, avoid hearing loud music, do-not suppress natural urges.
For appointments or more information, please contact us via WhatsApp at 407.617.9016.
We will be happy to assist you