Tongue cleaning dates back to ancient times in India, but, thanks to the many benefits of tongue cleaning—especially the promotion of fresh breath and oral hygiene—this practice’s popularity has endured.
Using a tongue cleaner offers rewards to anyone willing to give it a try, and it is worth understanding the advantages a tongue scraper has to offer your overall health and well-being.
How to Clean the Tongue in 6 Easy Steps:
- Ideally, a tongue cleaner is used every day, upon rising, and on an empty stomach.
- Hold the two ends of the tongue cleaner in both hands.
- Extend the tongue and place the tongue cleaner on the surface of the tongue, as far back as is comfortable.
- Gently pull the tongue cleaner forward so that it removes the unwanted coating.
- Rinse the tongue cleaner and repeat as necessary, usually 3–5 times.
- Follow this step with oil pulling, and you are ready to start your day with a beautiful fresh mouth.
A note on cleaning your tongue cleaner: Stainless steel is naturally antimicrobial. Rinsing your tongue cleaner in hot water will suffice to keep it clean. For added measure, you can always wipe it down with an alcohol swab on occasion, but this is not necessary on a daily basis.
Benefits of Scraping Your Tongue:
Our bodies are constantly exposed to toxins from our food, beverages, and the environment; even our own metabolic wastes and unresolved emotions can lead to toxicity. When toxins are not properly digested and eliminated, they accumulate in the body and begin to compromise our well-being and immunity. Tongue scraping is one preliminary measure to take in clearing your body from the unwanted buildup of toxins.
Some of the benefits of cleaning your tongue might surprise you.
- Clears toxins, bacteria, and dead cells from the tongue to prevent bad breath
- Enhances the sense of taste
- Promotes overall oral & digestive health
- Gently stimulates the internal organs
- Increases your awareness of your state of health
FOR APPOINTMENTS TEXT US THROUGH WHATSAPP AT 407.617.9016