Ayurveda is a perfect combination of art and science for natural beauty. It is an art of living that inspires us to lead a healthy life. Ayurvedic skincare is different from any other beauty treatment. In Ayurveda, it is all about inner wellness which will then reflect a healthy glow on your skin. This 5000 years old form of medicine has worked and is the best treatment for most ailments on earth, even today.
Ayurveda sets a standard for natural skin care methods as it includes all-natural ingredients that are derived mostly from food-grade materials.
You must make sure that the products you buy for ayurvedic skin regime are absolutely free from chemicals like paraben-free and unnatural ingredients.
Do you know why we fail to achieve healthy skin even after using various expensive products?
Well, most cosmetic skincare products that are sold in the market, target the outer skin issues. You may derive benefits from these products, but the solution is short-lived. Whereas, Ayurveda finds the root cause of a skin issue. Ayurveda defines skin issues with Doshas. Every skin type is different and can be defined under the three Doshas, Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
It is believed if our internal body maintains an equilibrium with nature then the harmony will be visible on our skin. Therefore, we get healthy glowing skin from within with Ayurveda and the solution is long-lived.
How skin type is defined by Dosha in Ayurveda?
While, in the skincare industry, you can come across skin definitions such as acne-prone skin, oily skin, etc. Whereas skin treatment in Ayurveda is defined by Doshas.
Vata Dosha – Thin and delicate skin that can be extremely drying. It is prone to wrinkles, fine lines, and fine pores.
Pitta Dosha – Mostly sensitive skin which frequently develops breakouts. Pitta Dosha can lead to oily skin which can even develop rashes.
Kapha Dosha- Oily skin with large pores with blackheads. Kapha Dosha leads to pimples which can turn to skin eczema as well.
5 Ayurvedic Beauty tips for a naturally glowing healthy skin
- Understanding body type- As we have explained earlier, every skin type or human body is treated differently in Ayurveda. Find your body type by the Doshas mentioned above and practice what’s best for you. Finding out the route of the problem can help you to find the best solution for your skin problems.
- Nourish your skin with daily oil massage- Indulge in the goodness of oil massage. Make it a regular habit to gently massage your body before bathing. Abhyanga is an Ayurvedic therapeutic massage which stimulates the blood flow in your body and also nourishes your skin. There are several benefits of such Ayurvedic massage if done correctly.You can use various oils for such a massage. Choose one according to your requirement and choice. A few of the beneficial oils that you can use for Abhyanga are Sunflower oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Sesame oil, Avocado oil, and more.
- Practice yoga for a naturally glowing skin- The two facets of wellness are Ayurveda and Yoga. The inter-relation between the two is inevitable. While you practice yoga like pranayama, it detoxifies your body, improves blood circulation, builds up the immune system, and much more. Practicing daily yoga and meditation will help you find an equilibrium with your self and thus give you a healthy mind and body.
- Healthy food for healthy skin- Our diet plays an important role to make or break our skin. Food is one of the main factors which cause most of the Doshas in our body, therefore healthy and mindful eating is a must. You must include healthy food such as Ghee, coconut oil, dairy products, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, animal protein, and seasonal fruits in your diet. However, the best diet for glowing skin can be determined after skillful examination of specific body type and Doshas.
- Revised lifestyle- Lifestyle has a great stake in your overall health when it comes to Ayurveda. It is beneficial to maintain a simple daily routine, drink sufficient water, eat healthily, indulge in daily exercise, execute a healthy diet, and catch undisturbed sleep. Detoxifying your body often helps to get rid of toxins and give you a healthy glowing skin.
Natural Ayurvedic herbs for beautiful glowing skin
Here is a list of Ayurvedic herbs for skin that are beneficial for various skin problems. Let’s take a look.
- Neem – Neem oil is good to treat blemishes. It also has antibacterial properties.
- Manjistha – It is known as one of the best Ayurvedic herbs for glowing skin. You can take this internally or can also use it in your regular face pack.
- Padmaka – The powder of the Padmaka plant is great for improving skin complexion.
- Nagkesar – This has various benefits such as improves skin complexion and leaves behind smooth and supple skin.
- Vetiver – Often known as Usheer or Khus, is a great herb to fight acne, blemishes and also gives a radiant even skin tone. Vetiver is even used for brightening skin tone.
- Other – Hundreds of the other ingredients it turns out to be the best natural remedies when it is about your mind and body, and Ayurveda is the best answer you can get.
Today the world is experiencing the benefits of Ayurveda, it is time for you to treat yourself with the best that nature has to offer. To know more about Ayurveda and its benefits, read our other blogs at Mekosha.
For appointments text us through WhatsApp at 407.617.9016