PITTA DOSHA: THE FORCE OF TRANSFORMATION
Pitta dosha is created from the elements of fire and water, with fire being predominant. Imagine these particular elements coming into contact with you. What qualities do fire and water possess? What sensations do they create in your body and mind? Are fire and water: light or heavy, oily or dry, hot or cold, static or flowing? Let us help you navigate through these questions.
The qualities of fire and water are inherently hot, light, sharp, oily and flowing. Since these elements are what create pitta dosha, then pitta dosha also reflects these qualities. A pitta type mirrors the qualities of fire and water in their physical, mental and emotional bodies. Pitta manifests in the physical body through a medium frame and athletic build, making it easy for this body type to sustain muscle tone. If weight is gained, it is easy to lose. In the mind, pitta dosha manifests as sharpness and intellect.
A pitta personality tends to be a natural born leader, who is passionate and courageous. They communicate directly. To some, their clear communication can come off as sharp or curt; however, pitta types feel like they are just being clear and getting to the point. Pitta types value organization and completion of tasks is a must. When they are in balance, they have a beautiful blend of the fire and water elements which displays in a powerful, compassionate nature, inspiring others to achieve their goals. The unofficial mascot of pitta dosha is a lion. They are strong, powerful, demand attention and will protect their loved ones with a fiercely loyal love.
Imbalance in pitta dosha manifests as excess heated conditions and emotions. In the body, there is a tendency for hyperacidity, ulcers and inflammation. In the mind, excess pitta leads to irritability, jealousy, impatience, a judgmental attitude and anger. Pitta-type skin can be described as sensitive, oily in the T-Zone areas & can also be prone to acne & blemishes.
Pitta-type skin is also comprised of the fire and water elements. When in balance, pitta skin has a rosy, dewy glow. Pitta skin is delicate, naturally warm in temperature & can have freckles, beauty marks &/or moles. When out of balance, this skin type is prone to excess heat, inflammation, excess oil (especially in the T-Zone region), rosacea, broken capillaries, acne, blemishes & redness. Wrinkles tend to be most predominant in between the eyes. Our Pitta Skincare Ritual is formulated with optimal cooling, soothing & calming herbs to counterbalance the heated conditions of pitta-type skin.
TIPS FOR RADIANT PITTA SKIN
- Avoid spicy, fried, overly oily foods, caffeine and alcohol.
- Combine foods with herbs that will cool the digestive tract such as cumin, coriander and fennel.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse and detoxify the skin and internal organs.
- Create a yoga practice that emphasizes forward folds and twists to cool & calm. Move slowly and gently. Avoid heating yoga and heated yoga classes.
- Engage in calming activities like walks in nature and spending time with loved ones instead of competitive activities.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day and slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Take warm baths in the moonlight with essential oils of peppermint, lavender and geranium to soothe and cool the nervous system & mental body.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Pitta Body Oil to keep the skin tissue healthy and calm.
- Use our Pitta Skincare Ritual morning and evening to experience the benefits of a skincare line formulated just for you & your unique needs.
OUR PITTA BALANCING PRODUCTS
Our balancing Pitta formula soothes as it cleanses with the reparative power of Sandalwood, Coriander and Lavender. A perfect choice for combination, sensitive, or blemish-prone skin. Ayurbeauty products are 100% pure Ayurvedic herbs, roots and flower extracts that remove deep-seated dirt and toxins, promote healthy exfoliation, deliver protein-rich botanicals and visibly rejuvenate and refresh complexions without altering the skin’s natural pH.
Ayurbeauty products for Pitta Skincare are essential for the wellness and radiance of the body’s skin tissue. Because their molecular density is similar to the skin, they can permeate all seven layers instantly to provide vital nutrients, improve skin function and delight the senses.
At Ayurbeauty we will be happy to assist you for the correct treatment for your skin. You can find your Pitta Calming Cleanser with us and more products for your skincare.
For appointments text us through WhatsApp at 407.617.9016